Thursday 4 October 2012

3rd Quarter Round-up 2012


Happy October everybody!  So far, no poltergeists or zombies, but it's still only the fourth!  Let's not lose hope...

So 2012 is 3/4 of the way done!  Yikes!  It seems like I was just writing about the 1st quarter!  Or the 2nd...it's not just a cliche, time really does seem to speed up the older one gets...

Anyway, let's see if I'm still managing to keep up with any of my self-afflicted obligations this far into 2012!  I wrote them down originally all the way back in January

1.  My number one priority this year - be OUT OF DEBT before 2013!

Still right on track here.  I've been giving them extra every month since Victoria Day and should be done with my December payment, unless I've somehow made a grievous mathematical error!

2.  Maintain my weight in the 135-155 range, while actually building a little muscle and tone.

Weighed myself before I sat down and I'm 148 pounds.  One pound up from 3 months ago!  Although every time I've stepped on the scale in the last three months I've basically been within 2 pounds of 150...my exercise routine and eating habits have settled down to making me 150 pounds, give or take, I guess.  Works for me!  I've been doing exercises 4 days a week, 2 days on, 1 day off, 2 days on, 2 days off and I'm probably the strongest and healthiest I've ever been!  I only use 15 pound weights, but with enough repetition...

Not only that, but all of this physical activity is strangely addicting.  Even if I don't want to work out cause I'm lazy or whatever, I do it anyway or else I'm grumpy and irritable.  Once it's done, I feel great, even if I felt like crap going in.  Exercise!  Who knew? 

3. Memorize one song a month, chords and lyrics, throughout 2012. 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  Yeah...no.  I thought of a third song but every time I pick up the guitar I inevitably end up warming up with some songs I already know and then working on new stuff I'm writing or the couple of new songs I'm playing.  Like I said, I did add ONE more song, but it's not memorized yet.  So just no...the only success in this is that it DID (and still does) make me pick up my guitar more frequently...

4.  Write lots! 

I'm writing a TON...to the point that I haven't got the time to write as much as I have to say!  Still haven't found my "project" yet though.  Well, I sort of have, but I just don't know.  I have to put my nose to the grindstone and really get serious about this, sooner rather than later....Regardless, this requirement is not specific enough for me to scold myself m so I'm gonna say I win!! 

5. Schedule one half day a month to really clean my apartment and keep it looking nice. 

My apartment has been cleaner and nicer this year than it has been in the many past years I've lived here.  People have even occasionally complimented me on it.  However, it's been sliding the last few months.  I keep going up north or going outside in the nice weather or having people call me and...long story short, I clean UNLESS something better comes along.  Which happens quite a lot.  So to sum up, I've lived to the spirit of this requirement, but not necessarily to the letter.  In either case, I do like my living space to be clean, and for the most part it is...I'm not going to complain too much!  I'm just going to tackle the bedroom...one of these days...

I guess that's about it for another 3 months!  I had a nice Summer, all things considered...I walked a lot, I thought about things, and sometimes I took action.  I read a lot of comics and went to some conventions and got some new toys and did my job and saw some movies and just...generally life is good!  Way to go, 2012!  See ya in the epilogue!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment