Friday 2 August 2013

The Struggle to Relax...


I keep trying to tell myself...to remind myself...that sometimes I just have to let things go. 

I'm way too prone to being stuck in my own head and over-analyzing things and yeah maybe everything does have meaning BUT sometimes you just have to let it flow instead of trying to figure it all out.

Not that I don't want to be mindful of my past, or attentive to where I'll be going in the future, but sometimes it feels like I'm focusing too much on those aspects...anything to distract myself from living in the moment that I'm in right now!  Which is strange, because the moment that I'm in right now is usually a pretty good moment!  If all that was ever on my mind was where I am right now and what I am doing right now, I'd rarely have any reason to be unhappy.  Most of my moments in this modern world are nice moments...why is it so hard to just relax and enjoy them?

When you really stop to think about it, most everything that we burn energy concerning ourselves with will do whatever it's going to do regardless of our plans and strategies.  Sure we can affect change on lots and lots of things...but the staggering amount of activity that goes on in the universe without any help or interference from us makes what we CAN change pale in comparison.  So why worry about it?  I don't know...but it seems I can't always help myself. 

It's silly...especially since I'm pretty sure, with or without my overseeing things, that everything is going to work out...you know, reasonably okay.

So I just keep reminding myself.

Sometimes I just need to LET THINGS GO.

No comments:

Post a Comment