Saturday 17 August 2013

Saturday's Dementia...


I took off (to the Great White North) for my days off (Thursday and Friday, as per usual) this week which was great!  I've been doing it every chance I get this year!  Unfortunately due to a combination of laziness and poor planning this time, I had to suffer the consequences of being away...

Don't be alarmed, the consequences are mild! 

One - I gotta blog during my break today since I wrote nothing on Thursday...

Two - I had almost no food so I had to go grocery shopping today!  Ugh...THIS is where they get you!

It amuses me, the things that I build up in my head as a "big deal."  Without having weekends off for most of the last decade, I have managed to successfully avoid going to the store on a Saturday for years!  It's so much easier to get your groceries or say, try on a pair of jeans on a Thursday morning than it is on a Saturday afternoon.  I mean, it's the same thing, but on Saturday it's like everyone else on the planet had the same idea as you and thus everyone is in everyone's way.  Suddenly there's an extra 150 people within shouting distance of me wherever I go.  Very annoying...why do we even live in cities full of this many people?  It's crazy!

But at the end of the day, it wasn't NEARLY the "big deal" that I thought it might be...at least the annoyance factor was not so terrible as to make it worth living without all of the grocery items I needed until Monday afternoon just to avoid the crowds.  On the other hand, I'm in no rush to do it again.  Thursday morning is still clearly preferable!

Anyway I don't know what the point of all of this is except to say that I am well on my way to becoming a hermit who is completely set in my ways.

Oh and that this blog is late and less interesting than if I'd written it on Thursday, but too bad...I was busy sitting in the sun by a lake.  A far more worthwhile activity, to be sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment