Saturday 28 September 2013

Fall Days


I was up North again for my off days so there's not too much dementia to go around this week.  Gotta sit in the sun by the lake as often as I can while it's still feasible, right?  Beats staring at a silly computer monitor...

Actually, being up at the cottage in late September when the weather is good is a little too nice!  It really makes me question why I would bother spending time doing anything else...I mean, yesterday I woke up and drank some coffee and went for a boat ride and dipped my feet in the lake and took some pictures of trees and generally had a nice Fall day.  Today I woke up at 4:20 am to spend all day in a filthy tunnel driving a filthy train around in a filthy circle.  

I suppose without the latter, I wouldn't appreciate the former quite so much.  For that matter, without the latter, I wouldn't be able to afford the former (or anything else).  That's what it really boils down to for us all, isn't it?  Doing what we have to do almost all of the time so that we can do what we'd like to do a tiny fraction of the time. 

Doesn't seem right...

But hey I'm not complaining...not really!  I'm grateful to get the good moments when I can, and to have the job to pay for them!  It's more than a lot of humans ever get, I know!  It's all good...

No comments:

Post a Comment