Saturday 5 October 2013

75% Completion.


Another October arrives and we find ourselves once more three-quarters of the way through the year 2013!  Preposterous you say?  I'd tend to agree, but it's right there on the Calendar in black and white...

Although it's become sort of cliched at this point, I'm gonna once more look at the goals I set out at the beginning of the year and see how far I've come.  If at all.  Hopefully!

1.  Have a minimum of $5000.00 in a separate savings account by the end of the year.

Oh well, I have the cash but still haven't been to the bank to set up a separate savings account or any of that.  I just hate going to the bank so much...and at the end of the day it doesn't matter as much to me as it maybe should.  In any case, I'm quite proud to have more money to my name right now than I've ever had in my life!  I'm somewhat ashamed at just how low that amount is, though...baby steps!

2.  Maintain a healthy lifestyle!  

I still exercise at least 3 times a week and try to walk and be active in general...I think my diet is pretty healthy and I've maintained my weight between 160-170 lbs pretty much for the whole year.  Of course at this time last year I was only 150lbs, but I have actual muscles now.  I am actually sort of torn because I want to weigh less and be more muscular at the same time, and I think that those two things are mutually exclusive.  I also find that since my diet generally is pretty regulated, when I cheat for just a day or two my weight jumps up 5-10 pounds for a few days, before dropping back to previous levels.  I don't know what's up with that...

I also keep putting off going to see the various healthcare practitioners that I ought to be seeing.  I've been procrastinating but I'm running out of time...will I make it before year end?  Stay tuned!

3.  Try a few "new" interests.

Since Springtime arrived, pretty much all of the free time I've had has been spent trying to make my way up North!  The cottage isn't exactly a "new" interest, but it's one that I've been without for a long time.  This year, and to a lesser extent last year, have been the first in ages that I've been able to get out of the city on a pretty regular basis, so I'm gonna count it!  Now that cottage season is winding down (gonna close the place up the week of Thanksgiving) I'll have more time for other things...but what?  We shall see!

4.  Start trying to put more of my writing energies into a "big picture" project.

Lots of concepts and ideas and back-story and planning and not a lot of actually committing anything to paper.  I feel like I'm close to something pretty interesting but like a timid swimmer, I'd rather just get my toes wet right now...can't seem to bring myself to just dive in!  I wonder why that is...probably all of the laziness.  Yeah....

5.  Be flexible and don't be afraid to experiment.

While I have been pretty experimental in a lot of ways this year, I don't know if I can say that I've been flexible.  Then again, I suppose it all depends on one's viewpoint.  I've been far more reclusive this year than in the last several, which has caused me to be far more flexible in my thoughts and activities when I'm by myself, but probably a little more obstinate and difficult to deal with socially.  Since I'm not particularly social at this time and have become more interested in pleasing myself than any other people (for once in my life), this doesn't particularly bother me.  It's too vague of a requirement for this lost anyway.  Who wrote this list?

So that's all the points I have for the year 2013.  3 more months...if I do this again next year, I think I'm going to try to come up with more specific goals.  Maybe.  Who can say what the future may hold??   All I know for sure about what's soon to be is that the Leafs home-opener is tonight!  That's about as far as I care to look ahead right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment