Friday 10 August 2012

Momentum...


I'm always trying hard to be better today than I was yesterday...a little stronger, a little smarter, a little kinder, more patient, just...better.

Sometimes I feel like I get a really good streak going where I'm feeling and living better...I keep making smart choices and stay on my path and I really feel good about myself!  Those are the times when I have momentum on my side...

Then of course, being (grudgingly) human, I screw it all up by making a stupid choice or three...drinking too much or overindulging in other things or being too lazy to exercise or just not giving myself enough time FOR myself...and of course then I feel like crap...I've lost momentum.

It's so much easier to KEEP doing something than it is to START doing something...especially when that something happens to be good for you.  I don't know why that is.  Why should it be so easy to do the things that make me feel bad and so hard to do the things that make me feel good?  There's a part of my mind that tries to talk me out of doing the right things...the part that wants me to stay fat, stupid and lazy...even knowing full well, from bitter experience, that I WILL be miserable...

Well, I just have to keep up the momentum...even in light of missteps...it gets easier every day!  I can't let myself be interrupted.  I can't let myself become lazy.  I've heard it only takes 30 days to reprogram the human mind with a new habit or behaviour.  It's not much time at all!  All the time it takes to build just a little momentum....

No comments:

Post a Comment