Friday 5 April 2013

Three down...


Hey boys and girls!

So 2013 is already 1/4 done...who woulda thunk it?  As per tradition, I'm gonna rate myself based on arbitrary conditions I came up with in 5 minutes back in January!  Ready?

1.  Have a minimum of $5000.00 in a separate savings account by the end of the year.  
Meh I don't even have a seperate bank account yet and I've been spending all of my disposable income since I finished paying off my debt last year on home improvements instead.  Bought new couches, some new bedroom furniture, various small items for the apartment...basically I'm upgrading the whole place, doing things I've wanted to do for years but been unable to afford until now.  The good news is I'm nearly at the end of that process, allowing me to start seriously saving money for the future!!  Next!! 

2.  Maintain a healthy lifestyle!  
Still procrastinating with all of the health-care professionals.  I'll get to it, don't rush me!  My exercise program and diet have been good though...I added more exercises, especially for lower body but some upper body as well...but then reduced the number of days I work out...giving my body more time to heal.  I also relaxed my insistence on maintaining my body weight at 150lbs +/-2.  Instead I'm just happy to be anywhere between 150 and 160lbs as long as my waist stays the same.  Superficial?  I don't know and I don't care...

3.  Try a few "new" interests.
It's been Winter and Hockey is taking up most of my off-time...plus I've been reluctant to go outside.  I did start a couple of new hobbies, but with the warm weather approaching I suspect I'll find more time for new activities.  I have a plan come May to buy a bicycle!

4.  Start trying to put more of my writing energies into a "big picture" project.  

Yeah I'm working on this one too...all shall be revealed in the fullness of time...

5.  Be flexible and don't be afraid to experiment. 
That's what she said!

Have a nice week!

No comments:

Post a Comment