Friday 12 April 2013

Rainy Day



So it's April and my entire weekend has been washed away by gallons of precipitation falling relentlessly from the steel grey skies above.  I'm procrastinating about a trip to the grocery store because, even though I just got out of the shower, I don't want to get all soaked OUTDOORS for some reason.  Mostly because I'm a wuss, like an over-pampered housecat that's never gone farther than the screen door leading out back...

Well all of this nonsense better result in a whole lot of May flowers, that's all I'm saying...

So normally on my day off I'll head downstairs, grab some Tim Horton's, (sorry Quebecois, the apostrophe stays!) and then go for a walk which ends at the grocery store, where I get my food for the week.  Today, since it's raining, I'm trying to make little deals with myself in my head instead...first off, I'll definitely want to take the car rather than walk.  Then, since I'm in already in the car, I might as well head up to Toys R' Us and get that Lego Batmobile I've had my eye on...and I can get drive-through Timmies on the way, right?  Right!  So let's go!

BUT....

Ugh everyone drives so crappily in the pouring rain and howling wind.  Do I really want to drive anywhere?  Everything seems so far.  It's because of the wind.  The wind really, REALLY howls when you're sitting on the 19th floor.  It's whistles through the vents whispering "Stay home, Mike!  Don't go outside!  It's all misery and cold damp pain out here!  Stay indoors....stay indoooooorrrrrsssss..."

And I reply, "But I am OUT of TOILET PAPER!!!"  grumblegrumble.

Well, then, I've no excuse, do I?  That's it I'm off to the store.  For true! 

Think I WILL stop at Toys R Us first though...

1 comment: