Tuesday 11 August 2009

The Disposable Man


I am in mourning for the end of a world

broken
transient
fleeting
disposable

I dreamt last night that I was made to move
to a place not of my own choosing

and in this forced relocation, many things that were precious to me were broken

my acoustic guitar
a favourite childhood toy
a gift from an old friend
and finally, my heart.

damaged and disposed of, and no one cared but me

left alone and lost, wondering who I could be
when the things that define me are tossed out with the trash

damaged
violated
lost

broken, disposable things from a
heartless, disposable man.


2 comments:

  1. I know that is could and DOES have many meanings...I can only hope you know that you could NEVER be a disposable man...You have taught and touched so many in so many ways..That can never be thrown away and that in it's own IS you....So there...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. how terribly sad, thankfully its only a dream. you could never be tossed aside, and are always loved.

    ReplyDelete