Friday 3 May 2013

On Letting Things Go...

Old couch
So here I sit, waiting around all morning...waiting on guys to come haul away my old couches, waiting for my laundry to finish, waiting on OTHER guys to come and deliver my NEW couches!

You'd think with all of this time on my hands I would have thought of something more interesting to write about.  Well...you'd think wrong...

NO Couches!!
I've always had a hard time letting things go.  One look around my toy-filled apartment proves that statement.  Even when my things are no good anymore and I'm getting much better replacements, I still find it tough to throw them away.  This morning was no exception, as it was surprisingly bittersweet to watch my junky old couches get hauled away...end of an era!

Perhaps I tend to confuse change with loss.  I guess that's probably because for the most part in my experience, the two have been synonymous.  It doesn't have to be that way.  Just a lot of times it is.

BUT not today!  The new couches have arrived! 

New Couch Number 1!  Zero-Zero-Zero...
 I wasn't expecting the weird divider thing in the middle of the love seat.  Seems like it might make it more difficult for said piece of furniture to live up to it's name.  Oh well, the part is removable, so for now I'll give it a chance.  Not like I've got a lot of opportunities that might make it in the way, anyway.  At least not right at the moment...

New Couch Number 2
 So there you have it!  Out with the old and in with the new!  Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to all of that important SITTING I had planned!

No comments:

Post a Comment