Sunday 27 December 2009

Christmas - Unwrapped!

Well, Christmas has come and gone, and it's the last day of my vacation...As I wait for 5 o'Clock to roll around and tell me what shift I'm working tomorrow, I thought I'd share a bit.

So it was a good year this year! It was nice to have the whole week off, and to actually spend Christmas day with my family on the correct day, rather than a few days after the fact. We had a great party last Friday and a nice down-on-the-farm Christmas at home afterwards. Great!

As a side note, I found it amusing how my generations has by and large given up on sending Christmas cards, and instead sends Christmas text messages. Starting at 10 am Christmas day with Brain and ending mid-afternoon Boxing Day with Trapper, I got a barrage of "Merry Christmas" text messages. It's nice...instant gratification without having to use a lot of stamps.

So loot! Got lots of assorted stuff. I was gonna list it off and show pics like I did last year, but then decided it would be more fun to just build a pile in my living room...


That's not too strange of me, is it? 6 new tables just screamed out "Pyramid!!" in my brain :)

Oh special props to brain for giving me a new monitor for my computer....finally I have moved into the 21st century! All this desk space is rather luxurious. I'm not used to being able to keep the mouse and the keyboard on the desk at the same time! Thanks dude!


Ha ha I just realized that in that pic the mouse pad is STILL hanging off the desk. Well, old habits die hard. Suffice to say that it doesn't HAVE to be like that now. It is simply a personal choice.

So yeah, good time had by all! Thanks to everyone who made me part of their Christmas this year! Here's to many more to come! Now we just have to live through another week and we'll have made it into a whole new decade! Hurrah!

1 comment:

  1. lol we will have to take them down to have your birthday celebration i think..lol..great pic mike!

    ReplyDelete